This qualification provides the skills and knowledge required by those who hold or wish to hold higher management positions. It applies to those who are providing support to senior management in a larger retail or wholesale outlet or who are responsible for managing a retail store or wholesale outlet.
Students enrolling in this qualification generally are employed in the industry. They are typically those who hold or wish to hold higher management positions. It applies to those who are providing support to senior management in a larger retail or wholesale outlet or who are responsible for managing a retail store or wholesale outlet.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles, such as:
- manage a large retail or business-to-business enterprise
- manage a small to medium sized retail group store or franchise outlet
- manage an independent retail store
- manage a business-to-business outlet.
Possible job titles
- store manager
- merchandise manager
- sales manager
- area/regional manager
To undertake this qualification, individuals will have previous retail supervisory experience in roles such as:
- managing store presentation and pricing
- leading and managing people
- providing a safe working environment.
Examples of evidence of retail management experience may include:
- job descriptions and references from current or past employers
- an entry interview to determine retail supervision experience.
Entry requirement questionnaire is undertaken during the enrolment / prior the commencement of the course.When Online Platform is used, please ensure the following system requirements are satisfied:
- Operating System : Win 7, Mac OSX 10.7+
- Internet Connection : Broadband connection or faster is recommended. Dial-up access will be significantly slower, and it’s not recommend for using Moodle.
- Plug-ins: Flash browser plug-in version 10+ is required for desktop browser access.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Some documents are in the PDF format thus require Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF file.
This qualification is not appropriate for VET in Schools (VETiS) delivery.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving SIR50112 Diploma of Retail Management, individuals may undertake:
- SIR80112 Vocational Graduate Certificate in Retail Leadership.
- Please click the unit below to get more information
- SIRXMGT005A – Set Strategic Plans
- SIRXFIN005A – Manage Operations to Budget
- SIRRMER517 – Develop and Apply Strategies for Merchandising and Corporate Presentation
- BSBMGT502B – manage People Performance
- SIRXMGT006A – Initiate and Implement Change
- SIRXSLS009A – Manage Sales Team
- SIRXINV404 – Manage Retail Merchandise
- SIRXMPR007A – Devise a Strategic Marketing Plan
- BSBLED501A – Develop a Workplace Learning Environment
Cost and Duration
Member Price: $ 3,500
Non-member Price: $ 3,750
This program is delivered over a period of 9-12 months to allow time for the development of the underpinning workplace skills and the completion of workplace projects.
This program is delivered over a period of 1 -2 months to allow time for the development of the underpinning workplace skills and the completion of workplace projects.
ARA Retail Institute offers various intakes across Australian states throughout the year.
You may apply by using Online Enrolment Form (You are required to create an account to enable Save and Return feature).
You may contact us for more information or to arrange appointment for your specific requirements.