This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in retail supervision with the need to apply discretion and judgement. Work would be undertaken in various retail store settings, such as specialty stores, supermarkets, department stores and retail fast food outlets. Individuals will have some responsibility for others and provide or hold specific coordination or support responsibilities within a store team.
Students enrolling in this qualification generally are jobseekers or employed in the industry. They are typically individuals to be competent in retail supervision with the need to apply discretion and judgement.
Work would be undertaken in various retail store settings, such as specialty stores, supermarkets, department stores and retail fast food outlets. Individuals will have some responsibility for others and provide or hold specific coordination or support responsibilities within a store team.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles, such as:
- provide in-depth product and service advice in a retail environment
- sell products and services in a variety of retail settings
- supervise a point-of-sale area
- lead a team preparing and selling items
- lead a team within a large store or supermarket
- act as an assistant to a manager of a small to medium sized store
- organise and maintain work areas and displays
- carry out specific responsibilities, such as merchandising.
Possible job titles
- senior sales assistant
- crew leader
- shift manager
- team leader
- store supervisorpoint-of-sale supervisor
- merchandise coordinator
To undertake this qualification, individuals will have previous retail supervisory experience in roles such as:
- providing customer service
- providing product service advice
- point-of-sale function
- organising work areas and displays
- merchandising products
- organising and performing stock control procedures
- applying safe work practices
Examples of evidence of retail management experience may include:
- job descriptions and references from current or past employers
- an entry interview to determine retail supervision experience.
Entry requirement questionnaire is undertaken during the enrolment / prior the commencement of the course. When Online Platform is used, please ensure the following system requirements are satisfied:
- Operating System : Win 7, Mac OSX 10.7+
- Internet Connection : Broadband connection or faster is recommended. Dial-up access will be significantly slower, and it’s not recommend for using Moodle.
- Plug-ins: Flash browser plug-in version 10+ is required for desktop browser access.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Some documents are in the PDF format thus require Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF file.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway but is not appropriate for VET in Schools (VETiS) delivery.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving SIR30312 Certificate III in Retail Supervision, individuals may undertake:
- SIR30412 Certificate III in Business-to-Business Sales
- SIR40212 Certificate IV in Retail Management
- SIR50112 Diploma of Retail Management.
- Please click the unit below to get more information
- SIRXCCS304 – Coordinate Interaction with Customers
- SIRXSLS303 – Build Relationship with Customers
- SIRXINV002A – Maintain and Order Stock
- SIRXMER303 – Coordinate Merchandise Presentation
- SIRXQUA001A – Develop Innovative Ideas at Work
- SIRXSLS201 – Sell Products and Services
- SIRXSLS304 – Coordinate Sales Performance
- SIRXRSK002A – Maintain Store Security
- SIRXWHS302 – Maintain Store Safety
- SIRXMPR001A – Profile a Retail Market
- SIRXMGT001A – Coordinate Work Teams
- SIRXMGT002A – Maintain Employee Relations
Cost and Duration
Member Price: $ 3,000 Non-member Price: $ 3,300
Schedule :: Monthly Payment Instalments
|Instalment||Certificate III – 6 Instalments|
|1st Instalment||At enrolment|
|2nd Instalments||2nd month|
|3rd Instalments||3rd month|
|4th Instalment||4th month|
|5th Instalments||5th month|
|6th Instalments||6th month|
This program is delivered over a period of 6-7 months to allow time for the development of the underpinning workplace skills and the completion of workplace projects.
This program is delivered over a period of 1 -2 months to allow time for the development of the underpinning workplace skills and the completion of workplace projects.
ARA Retail Institute offers various intakes across Australian states throughout the year.
You may apply by using Online Enrolment Form (You are required to create an account to enable Save and Return feature).
You may contact us for more information or to arrange appointment for your specific requirements.